Crazy Calico Bags
Term: 2 Year: 2007
* Buttons, ribbons, animal noses, felt pieces
* Fabric paint, puff paint, fabric markers, fabric crayons
* Calico bags
- Four equal sections were ruled and drawn onto the calico bags for the students.
- Each section took a lesson or more to complete due to planning and sketch work.
- Section 1: A fish or sea creature was painted using fabric paint. Puff paints and sew-on-eyes were used
to create texture.
- Section 2: Self portraits were drawn using fabric crayons. Children chose ribbons, buttons or flowers
to decorate their work.
- Section 3: Faces of animals were drawn with fabric markers and filled in using fabric paints. Animal
snouts were added.
- Section 4: Children chose to draw a rocket, spaceship, flower or butterfly or another picture of their
choice using fabric crayons. These were embellished with felt pieces.
Somers Primary School