Year of the Dog
Term: 2 Year: 2006
Visual Art & Lote Japanese
Topic : “INUDOSHI” – Year of the Dog
A Visual art unit integrating Japanese culture, Drawing, Printmaking & collage
- Teaching resource
- Clip art visuals
- Dog books
- Geometric patchwork designs
- Read one version of the origin of the Asian Zodiac.
- Then discussed the roles of the Dogs and their relationship with humans
- We looked at the clipart illustrations of dogs; Discussing the simplification of complicated shapes
& underlying geometric shapes
- Children practised drawing simple dogs and then transferred their chosen design onto print foam.
- The best print was then mounted & framed in a unique and funky style of presentation
Janine Sutton- Teacher