This prize is open to ALL and ONLY students currently enrolled into a Primary and Secondary School, within Australia, including Special Education students and Australian Home School Students.
Entries Open: 14 June 2021 at 9:00am
Entries Close: 19 July 2021 at 11:59pm
Shortlisted Finalists announced: 23 July 2021 at 1pm
People’s choice judging closes: 28 July 2021 at 5pm
National Student Art Prize Winner Announced: 30 July 2021 at 1pm
There are SIX PRIZE categories:
Category 1: Primary School (Foundation to Level 3)
Category 2: Primary School (Level 4 to Level 6)
Category 3: Secondary School (Level 7 to Level 9)
Category 4: Secondary School (Level 10 to Level 12)
Category 5: Special Education Primary (Foundation to Level 6)
Category 6: Special Education Secondary (Level 7 to Level 12)
1. The National Student Art Prize will be awarded to ONE entrant, in EACH of the SIX categories as judged by the nominated judges – each will receive a $250 Zart Art & Craft Voucher and a $450 Zart Art & Craft Voucher for their enrolled school.
NB: Australian home-school students can enter into their relevant category but are only eligible to win the student portion of the awarded prize. The remaining school portion of the prize will be distributed amongst the other SCHOOL category winners.
2. Twenty Shortlisted Prizes will be awarded per prize category as judged by the nominated judges and will receive a $50 Zart Art & Craft Voucher.
3. A People’s Choice Prize will be awarded to one entrant per prize category who’s work receives the most votes during the prize, each student winner will receive a $250 Zart Art & Craft Voucher. People’s choice judging closes 28th July 2021 at 5pm
The Prize Vouchers will be delivered within 30 days of prize closure.
Create an artwork celebrating our theme OUR CELEBRATION OF AUSTRALIA.
Artwork can be 2D (e.g. drawing, painting, sidewalk chalk drawing etc.) or 3D (e.g. sculpture, construction).
One Entry is allowed per student
• All artwork entered must be a high-resolution JPEG format (2MB)
• All Artwork must be entered into the correct category/year level.
• All Artwork must fit the theme provided – judges will not include Artwork if it does not fit the theme.
• All Artwork must be original and created and completed by the entrant whose name appears on the entry.
Entrants must provide:
• Full Name (For privacy reasons, only the entrant’s FIRST NAME will be published)
• Medium used E.g. Paint, watercolour, pencil, etc.
• Format E.g. 2D /3D, Book, Diorama, etc.
• Artwork Title
• School Details
By submitting your work, you are giving permission for Zart to showcase your artwork along with your name (first name only), school and other information about your artwork (medium, description, title) on this website, in Zart publications and to share your artwork on Zart’s social media platforms.
Work will be judged based on the response to the theme, concept, application of materials and originality.
The Zart Prize Committee reserves the right to refuse any works deemed inappropriate or unsafe.
Employees of Zart, Modern Star or any subsidiaries thereof and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the prize.