Term: 2 Year: 2009
Creating & Making
NGV International Exhibition: Picasso: Love & War 1935 – 1945: Life With Dora Maar
Artists are influenced by and reflect society, history, culture and their environment
Artists are often the drivers of change
An Inquiry into
Artists’ observation and perception of the world in which they live
Entry Point Questions
- Why and how has Picasso interpreted his subjects?
- How was Picasso influenced by the times and his relationship?
- Was Picasso influenced by other eras and movements?
- What media and techniques did Picasso use?
- How did Picasso's artistic innovations change the course of 20th Art?
Studying, practising & applying Cubist principles through observation, drawing and ceramic construction to create
a sculptured ceramic self portrait using slab, relief and painting techniques
Keanes White raku clay, Vipond paints
St. Leonards College Cornish Campus