Myself and my Towel / Bathing Boxes
Term: 3 Year: 2007
Myself and my Towel
- Students brought beach towels from home and cut out pictures from catalogues to research towel designs
before drawing their own.
- Contrasting colours were an important teaching element.
- To draw themselves in their swimming costumes, proportion and scale were explored in comparison to the
size of the towel.
- We studied holiday photos showing beach boxes (bathing boxes) and investigated contrasting colours and
- After designing (drawing) a beach box of their own and applying the learnt skills, students used PVA
and a array of papers to complete their art.
Puckapunyal Primary School