This was a Year 8 Term 4 painting activity.
- The students looked at Pop Art and examples of Tonal Drop-out. Andy Warhol’s Silk Screen Prints
of famous people such as Marilyn Monroe were used for inspiration.
- Students were asked to find an image of one of their screen or song idols, either from a magazine or from
- They enlarged this to A3 size using Adobe Photoshop and then printed it in black and white to reduce the
- This image was then transferred using pencil onto an A3 (14 x 10inch) piece of canvas board.
- They were then asked to paint the image using flat, bright non-realistic acrylic colours.
Our Lady of Sacred Heart Bentleigh