Dolls and Roosters
Term: 2 Year: 2006
Dolls in Sleeping Bags
- Grades prep, One and Two from Koondrook Primary School created these very cute “ Dolls in Sleeping
Bags” during our textiles unit in term 3.
- We learnt to execute a range of stiches using acrylic yarn and hession . We were really excited with
our finished creations.
- In class we wrote stories about our dolls and made these into mini books as part of our ‘Book
Year of the Rooster
- Grade 5 & 6 students from Koondrook Primary School were intrigued by a string of Vietnamese fabric
chickens at a Queen Victoria Market stall whilst at Urban Camp in June.
- They decided that they could create their versions of these chickens/roosters in their weekly art
- Initially we used Procion dyes to create a fabric colour wheel with the primary colours.
- These beautifully coloured fabrics were then cut , stitched , stuffed, glued, decorated and then strung
to create their fantastic mobiles.
- A variety of sewing techniques and skills were learnt along the way including developing their patience
Murray Plains MACC- Mobile Art Craft Centre