Term: 1 Year: 2006
Grade 4 made these murals as a colour mixing exercise.
- We had already experimented with primary to secondary to tertiary colours, warm and cool colours, pastel
colours, contrasting colours and complimentary colours.
- We mixed Chromacryl primary colours and white into secondary colours and lay them down in abstract form
on individual papers, keeping some of the mix for the whole grade mural on Tyvek.
- No tertiary colours were allowed for this work.
- A shape was chosen for the centre and the rest was free with as many shades and tones as we could mix.
- Black was added where the students felt a highlight was needed.
Eltham East Primary School